Good Credit – Bad Credit – No Credit + No Problem + We work with everyone towards home ownership! Whether you’re a first time Florida home buyer, moving to a new home, or want to FHA refinance your existing conventional or Florida mortgage, we will show you how to purchase or refinance a home with flexible guidelines.
When you decide to apply for a Florida home loan through Florida FHA mortgage lender you need to know you’re dealing with experienced full-time mortgage lending professionals who know FL real estate. We offer a huge assortment of Florida FHA, VA, Conventional & Private Florida mortgage programs built around Florida home buyers and homeowners.
Whether you’re buying a first home using our great FHA mortgage program or refinancing a home you already own using traditional Florida mortgage financing, nothing helps more than having a seasoned Florida FHA mortgage lender working hard answer all your Florida FHA mortgage questions!
FHA Mortgage Buyers Initial Questions
- What is an FHA Mortgage loan? The FHA is a division of the Department of (HUD) Housing and Urban Development. An FHA mortgage loan is a mortgage that is insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and funded by private Florida FHA approved mortgage lenders.
- Are FHA mortgage for first time home buyers only? NO, FHA mortgage loans are NOT for first–time buyers only. FHA loans can be used by first time buyers and repeat buyers alike. The FHA mortgage is often marketed as a product for “first–time buyers” because of its low down payment and flexible qualifying requirements. FHA mortgage applicants can purchase an FHA approved investment property using and FHA mortgage loan.
- How Does The FHA Mortgage Insurance Work? Anyone who takes out an FHA mortgage finances the insurance into the FHA mortgage loan amount. This “Up Front Mortgage Insurance ” cost is called the “UFMIP”. The upfront mortgage insurance premium paid on all FHA mortgages is paid to the government and use the funding fee money to reimburse Florida FHA Mortgage lenders who were forced to foreclose on mortgages that were financed to bad credit mortgage applicants. Think of the funding fee as the foreclosure “insurance fund” for the FHA Florida Mortgage Lenders. In addition to the upfront funding fee, the borrower is also required to pay a small monthly fee to the FHA as part of their monthly mortgage payment. The monthly fee is called monthly MIP or mortgage insurance premium.
- Do I have to be a first time mortgage buyer to use the FHA mortgage? No you do not have to be a first time Florida home buyer but the FHA mortgage is only for a Primary home purchase only.
- Can I roll all the closing costs into the FHA mortgage? You are permitted to finance the upfront FHA funding fee only. FHA mortgage closing costs can be paid by the seller up to 6% and must be negotiated up front in your purchase and sale agreement.
- Can I get an FHA Mortgage after a Foreclosure or Bankruptcy? YES! you can qualify for an FHA mortgage 3 years after the title was transferred out of your name.A borrower may also still qualify for an FHA insured loan after declaring Chapter 13 bankruptcy, if at least 1 year of the bankruptcy payout period has passed and the borrower has been making satisfactory payments. In these cases, the FHA mortgage applicant must also request permission from the court to enter into a new FHA mortgage loan. declaring Chapter 7 bankruptcy, if at least 2 years have passed since the bankruptcy discharge date. FHA mortgage applicants must also have re-established good credit or have opted to incur no new debts (this means you specifically chose to take out no new loans, credit cards, etc.)
- What is the minimum down payment for FHA Mortgage? Currently, 3.5% can from family gift or grant.
- Can my parents or other relatives give me money? Yes, provided the money is considered a gift and your relative sign and date the proper gift letter documentation.
- Is there a maximum FHA Mortgage Loan Amount? Yes, see maximum loan limits below based on the Florida county.
Learn All You Can About the FHA Mortgage Program:
FHA Mortgage Loan Approvals For
- Single family Homes
- Town House- check for lot and/or block legal descriptions.
- Villas- check for lot and/or block legal descriptions.
- Modular Homes
- Manufactured homes
- FHA Approved condominium – Search Florida FHA Approved Condos
FHA Mortgage Benefits
The FHA mortgage is so popular is because Florida mortgage applicants use them are able to take advantage of benefits and protections unavailable with any other mortgage loan program. Loans through the FHA are insured by the government, so the Florida mortgage lenders that approve these loans are more lenient. The advantages are outweigh any other mortgage program and include and include the following:
- Lower Cost & Fees- In addition to lower interest rates, FHA borrowers enjoy lower costs on other fees like closing costs, FHA mortgage insurance and govt regulated closing cost.
- Easier to Qualify- While most mortgage loans prohibit applicants with bad credit history and low credit scores, the FHA mortgage loans available with lower requirements so its easier for you to qualify.
- Lowest Interest Rates- You’ve heard the horror stories of subprime borrowers who couldn’t keep up with their mortgage interest rates. Well, FHA loans usually offer lower interest rates to help homeowners afford housing payments.
- Bankruptcy / Foreclosure- Even If you’ve filed for bankruptcy or suffered a foreclosure in the past few years doesn’t mean you’re excluded from qualifying for an FHA loan. As long as you meet other requirements that satisfy the FHA, such as re-establishment of good credit, solid payment history, etc., you can still qualify.
- No Credit Score/ No Trade Lines OK! – The FHA usually requires two lines of credit for qualifying applicants. If you don’t have a sufficient credit history, you can try to qualify through a substitute form.
For many Florida FHA mortgage applicants, using an FHA mortgage can really make the difference between owning your dream house affordability and getting out of the never ending rental trap. The FHA mortgage provides a wealth of benefits for Florida mortgage applicants that qualify, so please make full use of them.
- We provide free credit counseling to and work with everyone to get PRE APPROVED!
My Mortgage Company Says I Should Not Consider The FHA Program. Why Should I Listen To You And Not Them?
What are the FHA guidelines for FHA mortgage applicants with a previous foreclosure or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure?
Are copies of tax returns required for an FHA mortgage for a borrower with self-employment or commission income?
|COUNTY||LIMITS||PROVIDING FHA LOANS IN EVERY CITY IN FLORIDA|
|ALACHUA||$271,050||Alachua, Archer, Gainesville, Hawthorne, High Springs, LaCrosse, Micanopy, Newberry, Waldo, Campville|
|BAKER||$316,250||Macclenny, Glen St. Mary, Baxter, Eddy, Olustee, Sanderson, Taylor|
|BAY||$271,050||Callaway, Lynn Haven, Mexico Beach, Panama City, Panama City Beach, Parker, Springfield, Cedar Grove, Laguna Beach, Lower Grand Lagoon|
|BRADFORD||$271,050||Hampton, Lawtey, Starke, Brooker|
|BREVARD||$271,050||Cape Canaveral, Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Indian Harbour Beach, Melbourne, Palm Bay, Rockledge, Satellite Beach, Titusville, West Melbourne|
|BROWARD||$345,000||Coconut City, Cooper City, Coral Springs, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Hollywood|
|CALHOUN||$271,050||Blountstown, Altha, Abe Springs, Broad Branch, Carr Community, Chipola, Chipola Park, Clarksville, Cox, Eufala|
|CHARLOTTE||$271,050||Punta Gorda, Babcock Ranch, Boca Grande, Cape Haze, Adrian Town, Charlotte Harbor, Charlotte Park, Cleveland, Deep Creek, Englewood|
|CITRUS||$271,050||Crystal River, Inverness, Beverly Hills, Black Diamond, Chassahowitzka, Citrus Hills, Citrus Springs, Floral City, Hernando, Holder|
|CLAY||$316,250||Green Cove Springs, Keystone Heights, Orange Park, Penney Farms, Lake Asbury, Bellair-Meadowbrook Terrace, Belmore, Clay Hill, Doctors Inlet, Fleming Island|
|COLLIER||$448,500||Everglades City, Marco Island, Naples, Ave Maria, Chokoloskee, East Naples, Golden Gate, Goodland, Immokalee, Island Walk|
|COLUMBIA||$271,050||Lake City, Fort White, Columbia City, Five Points, Lulu, Mikesville, Newco, Watertown|
|DE SOTO||$271,050||Arcadia, Southeast Arcadia, Brownville, Fort Ogden, Hull, Lake Suzy, Nocatee, Hidden Acres|
|DIXIE||$271,050||Cross City, Horseshoe Beach, Old Town, Steinhatchee, Clara, Eugene, Hines, Jena, Jonesboro, Old Town|
|DUVAL||$316,250||Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Baldwin|
|ESCAMBIA||$271,050||Pensacola, Century, Barrineau Park, Barth, Bellview, Beulah, Bluff Springs, Bogia, Bratt, Brent|
|FLAGLER||$218,500||Bunnell, Flagler Beach, Palm Coast, Marineland, Beverly Beach, Flagler Estates, Hammock, Painters Hill, Espanola, Bimini|
|FRANKLIN||$271,050||Apalachicola, Carrabelle, Eastpoint, Alligator Point, Bald Point, Lanark Village, St. Teresa|
|GADSDEN||$271,050||Chattahoochee, Gretna, Midway, Quincy, Greensboro, Havana|
|GILCHRIST||$271,050||Bell, Fanning Springs, Trenton|
|GLADES||$271,050||Brighton Seminole Indian Reservation, Buckhead Ridge, Lakeport, Moore Haven, Muse, Palmdale|
|GULF||$271,050||Port St. Joe, Wewahitchka, Cape San Blas, Dalkeith, Highland View, Honeyville, Indian Pass, Overstreet, White City|
|HAMILTON||$271,050||Jasper, White Springs, Jennings, Avoca, Bakers Mill, Blue Springs, Crossroads, Cypress Creek, Hillcoat, Marion|
|HARDEE||$271,050||Bowling Green, Wauchula, Zolfo Springs, Crewsville, Fort Green, Ona, Popash, Sweetwater, Limestone, Village of Charlie Creek|
|HENDRY||$271,050||Clewiston, LaBelle, Fort Denaud, Harlem, Port LaBelle, Felda, Pioneer Plantation, Montura Ranch Estates, Flaghole, Ladeca Acres|
|HERNANDO||$271,050||Spring Hill, Brooksville, Weeki Wachee, Aripeka, Bayport, Brookridge, Garden Grove, Hernando Beach, High Point, Hill ‘n Dale|
|HIGHLANDS||$271,050||Avon Park, Sebring, Lake Placid, Avon Park Lakes, Brighton, Cornwell, DeSoto City, Fort Basinger, Fort Kissimmee, Hicoria|
|HILLSBOROUGH||$271,050||Plant City, Tampa, Temple Terrace, Apollo Beach, Balm, Bloomingdale, Boyette, Brandon, Carrollwood, Carrollwood Village|
|HOLMES||$271,050||Bonifay, Ponce De Leon, Westville, Esto, Noma, Bethlehem, Prosperity, Gritney, Cerrogordo, Pittman|
|INDIAN RIVER||$271,050||Fellsmere, Sebastian, Vero Beach, Indian River Shores, Orchid, Blue Cypress Village, Cummings, Florida Ridge, Gifford, Nevins|
|JACKSON||$271,050||Graceville, Jacob City, Marianna, Alford, Bascom, Campbellton, Cottondale, Grand Ridge, Greenwood, Malone|
|JEFFERSON||$271,050||Monticello, Alma, Ashville, Aucilla, Capps, Casa Blanco, Cody, Dills, Drifton, Fanlew|
|LAFAYETTE||$271,050||Mayo, Airline, Alton, Cooks Hammock, Day, Hatchbend, Midway|
|LAKE||$274,850||Clermont, Eustis, Fruitland Park, Groveland, Leesburg, Mascotte, Minneola, Mount Dora, Tavares, Umatilla|
|LEE||$270,750||Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, Estero, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel, Alva, Boca Grande, Bokeelia, Buckingham|
|LEON||$271,050||Tallahassee, Black Creek, Baum, Bloxham, Bradfordville, Capitola, Centerville, Chaires, Chaires Crossroads, Gardner|
|LEVY||$271,050||Cedar Key, Chiefland, Fanning Springs, Otter Creek, Williston, Yankeetown, Bronson, Inglis, Andrews, East Bronson|
|LIBERTY||$271,050||Bristol, Estiffanulga, Hosford, Orange, Rock Bluff, Sumatra, Telogia, White Springs, Wilma, Woods|
|MADISON||$271,050||Madison, Greenville, Lee, Cherry Lake, Hamburg, Hanson, Hopewell, Lamont, Lee, Lovett|
|MANATEE||$285,200||Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Holmes Beach, Palmetto, Longboat Key, Bayshore Gardens, Cortez, Ellenton, Memphis|
|MARION||$271,050||Belleview, Dunnellon, Ocala, McIntosh, Reddick, Anthony, Citra, Early Bird, Fort McCoy, Marion Oaks|
|MARTIN||$316,250||Stuart, Jupiter, Ocean Breeze, Sewall’s Point, Hobe Sound, Hutchinson, Indiantown, Jensen Beach, North River Shores, Palm City|
|MIAMI-DADE||$345,000||Aventura, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Biscayne Park, Coral Gables, Cutler Bay, Doral, El Portal, Florida City, Golden Beach|
|MONROE||$529,000||Key West, Marathon, Key Colony Beach, Layton, Islamorada, Stock Island, Big Coppitt Key, Cudjoe Key, Big Pine Key, Duck Key|
|NASSAU||$316,250||Fernandina Beach, Callahan, Hilliard, Amelia City, American Beach, Andrews, Becker, Boulogne, Bryceville, Chester|
|OKALOOSA||$327,750||Crestview, Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Laurel Hill, Mary Esther, Niceville, Valparaiso, Cinco Bayou, Shalimar, Baker|
|OKEECHOBEE||$271,050||Okeechobee, Ancient Oaks, Barber Quarters, Basinger, Basswood Estates, Country Hills Estates, Cypress Quarters, Deans Court, Dixie Ranch Acres, Duberry Gardens|
|ORANGE||$274,850||Apopka, Bay Lake, Belle Isle, Edgewood, Lake Buena Vista, Maitland, Ocoee, Orlando, Winter Garden, Winter Park|
|OSCEOLA||$274,850||Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Buenaventura Lakes, Bull Creek, Campbell, Celebration, Deer Park, Harmony, Holopaw, Kenansville|
|PALM BEACH||$345,000||Atlantis, Belle Glade, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Briny Breezes, Cloud Lake, Delray Beach, Glen Ridge, Golf, Greenacres|
|PASCO||$271,050||Dade City, New Port Richey, Port Richey, San Antonio, Zephyrhills, St. Leo, Aripeka, Bayonet Point, Beacon Square, Connerton|
|PINELLAS||$347,000||Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Clearwater, Dunedin, Gulfport, Indian Rocks Beach, Largo, Madeira Beach, Oldsmar, Pinellas Park|
|POLK||$271,050||Auburndale, Bartow, Davenport, Eagle Lake, Fort Meade, Frostproof, Haines City, Lake Alfred, Lakeland, Lake Wales|
|PUTNAM||$271,050||Crescent City, Palatka, Interlachen, Pomona Park, Welaka, Bardin, Bostwick, Carraway, East Palatka, Edgar|
|SANTA ROSA||$271,050||Gulf Breeze, Milton, Jay, Allentown, Avalon, Bagdad, Berrydale, Chumuckla, East Milton, Holley|
|SARASOTA||$285,200||Sarasota, North Port, Venice, Longboat Key, Bee Ridge, Desoto Lakes, Englewood, Fruitville, Gulf Gate Estates, Kensington Park|
|SEMINOLE||$274,850||Sanford, Oviedo, Altamonte Springs, Winter Springs, Casselberry, Lake Mary, Longwood, Chuluota, Fern Park, Forest City|
|ST. JOHNS||$316,250||St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Hastings, Marineland, Butler Beach, Bakersville, Crescent Beach, Elkton, Flagler Estates, Fruit Cove|
|ST. LUCIE||$316,250||Fort Pierce, Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie Village, Tradition, Fort Pierce North, Fort Pierce South, South Hutchinson Island, Indian River Estates, Lakewood Park, River Park|
|SUMTER||$287,500||Bushnell, Center Hill, Coleman, Webster, Wildwood, Lake Panasoffkee, Linden, Mabel, Orange Home, Oxford|
|SUWANNEE||$271,050||Live Oak, Branford, Beachville, Dickert, Dowling Park, Ellaville, Falmouth, Fort Union, Hildreth, Houston|
|TAYLOR||$271,050||City of Perry, Athena, Bucell Junction, Clara, Dekle Beach, Eridu, Fenholloway, Fish Creek, Foley, Hampton Springs|
|UNION||$271,050||Lake Butler, Raiford, Worthington Springs|
|VOLUSIA||$271,050||Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, DeBary, DeLand, Deltona, Edgewater, Holly Hill, Lake Helen, New Smyrna Beach, Oak Hill|
|WAKULLA||$271,050||Sopchoppy, St. Marks, Arran, Buckhorn, Crawfordville, Curtis Mills, Hyde Park, Medart, Panacea, Port Leon|
|WALTON||$327,750||DeFuniak Springs, Freeport, Paxton, Argyle, Bruce, Eucheanna (Euchee Valley), Glendale, Grayton Beach, Miramar Beach, Mossy Head|
|WASHINGTON||$271,050||Chipley, Vernon, Caryville, Ebro, Wausau, Crow, Five Points, Gilberts Mill, Greenhead, Hinson’s Crossroads|